Introduction to Active Working
Active Working is a partnership of workplace experts committed to inform, educate and guide employers to the optimum active working solution for their workplace to deliver:
- Well-being improvements to your staff
- Productivity benefits
- Engagement increases
- Absenteeism reductions
- Cost savings to your business
70% of sedentary behaviour takes place at work. Active Working’s mission is to:
- Promote simple, concise and effective campaigns to key stakeholders on the health risks caused by prolonged sitting and excessive sedentary behaviour
- Articulate the business case for change towards Active Working for employers
- Build an international hub for evidence based workplace research
In January 2015 Public Health England and Active Working C.I.C (owners of the Get Britain Standing campaign) jointly commissioned an Expert Statement on the status and impact of prolonged sitting in the office (Download).
Find out more
Health RisksWhen sitting more than 4 hours a day. This may raise your eyebrows.
SolutionsSit-Stand solutions for every budget and simple tips for "Active Working".
EmployersHigher productivity and better engagement. Learn more ...