- Photo Competition
Get your workplace and co-workers to take part in On Your Feet Britain® – the national activity awareness day when 2 MILLION desk-based workers across Britain participate in a variety of fun and simple activities to #SitLess and #MoveMore at work.
Taking place on Thursday 25 April 2024, On Your Feet Britain is a FREE and FUN way to reboot and energize your workplace habits.
This year we’re looking forward to seeing how every worker gets active for the #BigWiggle – wherever your desk may be.
It’s FREE to sign up, simply register here
Research shows that regular movement throughout the day leads to
- Better physical and mental health
- Increased motivation
- Improved concentration
- And many, many more wellbeing and performance benefits
"Get up offa that thing"
The On Your Feet Britain® challenge encourages you to take James Brown at his word and convert 'sitting time' to 'standing time'. Make some simple changes - it’s easier than you think:
- Stand during phone calls
- Stand and take a break from your computer every 30 minutes
- Use the stairs more
- Arrange standing or walking meetings
- Eat your lunch away from your desk
- Walk to a colleague's desk instead of phoning or emailing them
- Stand at the back of the room during presentations
On Your Feet Britain® - is your chance to get the ball rolling and encourage your employees, co-workers or even your boss to take a stand. Team up with colleagues and see how much you can reduce your “sitting time”.
Check out our Challenge page for fun and easy ideas for On Your Feet Britain® activities. Why not organise or take part in a team challenge? Join up with colleagues to compete for activity levels against other teams within your organisation [More info].
Company Workplace Coordinators
Workplace Champions can help communicate and organise On Your Feet Britain® events throughout your organisation. Register now and enter your details to access materials.
Why not spread the word about your activity plans by setting up an On Your Feet Britain® page on your company website to get the whole office involved? Doing things together makes them more fun – #MoveMore #SitLess is the perfect team-building activity.
What can I do now?
- [Register now] and enter your details
- You will receive a PASSCODE to download our fabulous resources including: posters, guidelines – available
- Save the date! Thursday 25 April 2024
- Spread the word among colleagues and in your organisation
- You will receive a £100 VOUCHER to spend at Yo-Yo DESK (against a minimum cart value of £300)
- If you have any other questions or ideas about getting involved in On Your Feet Britain®,
please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Your Feet Britain® - Thursday 25 April 2024 – is the day when Get Britain Standing®, in association with Yo-Yo DESK®, asks the nation to unite against prolonged workplace sitting. Your challenge is to #Move More and #SitLess - anyway you can.
Reducing sedentary behaviour is a way that all workplaces and individuals can take action to improve health, wellbeing and performance.
"Get up offa that thing" - ideas to get you moving
- Run a lunchtime fitness session for the office.
- Sound an alert at random times in your department / work hub, which is a signal for everyone to stand up and sit down. Impose a fine or forfeit for anyone caught napping.
- Take regular breaks from your computer, stand up, stretch and walk around your office or workplace.
- Make – and take - phone calls standing up.
- Use the stairs more.
- Hold standing or walking meetings.
- Agree that any speaker must stand during meetings.
- Do simple stretches led by the speaker, every time you move to a new agenda item during a meeting.
- Organise a lunchtime walk. Walk to work, walk before work, or get off public transport a few stops earlier and walk the rest of the way. Park your car further away so you are forced to walk the final stretch.
- Join live activities during On Your Feet Britain day: keep an eye on our e-shots and social media feeds for information.
If you have any questions, or suggestions, please email: email@example.com.
Why not appoint – or volunteer to be - a Workplace Champion (aka ‘Chief Wiggle Officer’) to lead or coordinate your company or team’s efforts? Remember to spread the word about your activity plans by setting up an On Your Feet Britain® page on your company website or intranet to get the whole office involved.
Register now and we’ll give you access to our exciting new-look materials to help you inspire and involve your team. Doing things together makes them more fun and the perfect team-building activity.
To get involved, inquire about sponsorship, partnership or other strategic collaborations please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yo-Yo DESK® – the best-selling range of sit-stand workstations for the office or WFH. Transition simply between sitting / standing whilst you work.
The Workplace Event, a first of its kind, brings a wider scope and sharper focus on employee experience and workplace performance Including a FREE-TO-ATTEND Workplace Leaders Summit taking place during the final week of April.
The Workplace Event brings you closer to the workplace leaders and changemakers.
In celebration of On Your Feet Britain, our official sponsor Yo-Yo DESK® is donating up to £500,000 of active office solutions to help you #MoveMore #SitLess every day.
How can you take part?
- Get £100 OFF any standing desk by registering for On Your Feet Britain 2024 - we will send you a voucher code to spend at Yo-Yo DESK®
(code expires 25/04/24).
- Win a voucher worth £500 or £250 to spend on active working solutions from our sponsor Yo-Yo DESK® by submitting your best photo / video showing how you are taking part in On Your Feet Britain 2024. Submissions must be received via social media before 7pm GMT on 25/04/24. Post your entry on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter using hashtags #OYF2024 or #OnYourFeetBritain and tag in @getGBstanding.
- The winners will be selected from the most imaginative, inspiring, funny and original submissions posted. Capture the spirit and objectives of
On Your Feet Britain, to catch the eye of our judges. Prizes: £500 vouchers to spend at Yo-Yo DESK® for winners of each category ; 2 x £250 for runners-up in each category.
- Winners will be awarded a prize or prize combination.
- You can enter as many times as you like in as each of the categories.
- Entries must be posted by 19:00 GMT on 25/04/24
- The winning individuals will be announced via social media and email. We may have to contact you via your Twitter/Facebook/Instagram profile to seek your contact details. Winners must respond within 10 days to claim their prize.
- The prize winners may be required to participate in publicity and promotional activities via Get Britain Standing (@GetGBstanding) and our sponsor Yo-Yo DESK® (@Yo-YoDESK).
- By submitting an entry, you give permission for your image / video to be reproduced on our and our sponsor’s web pages and social media feeds.
- Yo-Yo OFFICE Limited’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
The On Your Feet Britain competition is sponsored by Yo-Yo DESK®, with prizes as follows:
Best Team Entry and runner-up prize
Best Individual Entry and runner-up prize
Terms and Conditions:
Prizes will be awarded for what our judges deem to be the best images/videos posted on Social Media tagged #OYF2024 #OnYourFeetBritain @getGBstanding ( Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter). There are two categories: 1) Best Team, 2) Best Individual
- Event Preparation
- Event Posters (password required)